Guajirú is a beach of state of Ceará, far 133 km to the Fortaleza and the 18 km to the experiences. white sand beach, fishing corrals and fishing village in the municipality of Trairi, with approximately 6 km, located on the west coast of Ceará coast and is one of the main beaches of the said municipality. The Beach Guajirú begins to be populated even in the century 19, when several families, between 1870 and 1913, move to the site, fertile land and attracted by the abundance of fish. Its Residents Association comes in 1988, in response to the growth and urbanization of the locality.
Around the year 1872, it appeared a Portuguese ship on coastline, and between Mundaú Paracuru, on the ship was the Portuguese princess Maria Furtado de Mendonça I carried a golden statue of Our Lady of Deliverance. Second is counted, It was a frail ship and that reason has contributed to an accident that occurred with the vessel. By the fear of not surviving, Princess made a promise to the saint: if it went any dry location and saved (crew and family), she would buy a land league and build a chapel for the holy image. The anchor on the beach of Guajirú, they found people who to turn, then they walked toward Trairi, where they found three small houses. So it was in this place that she did what she had promised, They built the chapel and donated the golden image. Among the people who worked in the building stand out Raimunda Yard, Inside the lagoon town of Veronica and John.
At the same time, Indians who inhabited the land trairienses, they passed by Guajirú beach and settled on site, formerly called Flecheirinha. And now has as Guajirú name from a common fruit in the region. Over time we were up installing people in this town. The first residents of Guajirú were Manoel Grande and Dock Magalhães.
Today Guajirú has nursery, school group and association with over 400 people. And through this association is that the community has most of these benefits. The Chapel of Our Lady of the Navigators is located in Plaza Pedro Neco. In day 15 August marks the day of the patron saint of the district Guajirú, Nossa Senhora dos Navegantes, with 9 days of novena and celebrations. Inside, the chapel has a holy image donated by the town of Icarai de Amontada.